UIS Commission on Karst Hydrogeology and Speleogenesis
Filter by letter:
All a a a b c d e f h i j k l m n o p q r s t u w x y z
Email Print


Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms

fluorometer, filter fluorometer
A highly sensitive instrument used for measuring the fluorescence of water. It is commonly used in water tracing and tracer gaging. Selected filters are used to control the excitation and emission ranges for specific fluorescent dyes of interest. See also scanning spectrofluorophotometer.