Note that most events have been postponed to 2022 due to Covid-19 situation.
18th International Congress of Speleology
- 07.25.2022 - 08.01.2022
The congress is postponed to the next year. Here is the message from the organizing committee:
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the uncertain evolution of reception and international travel conditions, the congress organizing committee, the FFS and the UIS jointly decided to postpone the congress to 2022.
With an additional year, the conditions will be even better to organize an exceptional congress,
and an unmissable event for world caving! See you next year...
Located in the beautiful area of Savoi, near lake Lac du Bourget at the foot of the Bauges massif, the 18th International Congress of Speleology will be on of the most important Karst and Speleo meetings of the year.
Registration is officially open. Electronic registration is posible on the Pass-event.com website. Early booking is available as low as 129 Euro per person. Registration for children 8 - 17 years old is only 40 Euro. Children younger than 7 year old are register for free. More details on the official registration page.
There will be very interesting scientific part consisting of 20 symposiums.
List of symposiums:
- Karst, patrimoines et ressources
- Caving and explorations
- Cave deposits
- Speleogenesis, geomorphology
- Karst hydrogeology, physical Chemistry
- Biology, Subterranean life
- Archeology and Paleontology in caves
- Topography, Mapping, 3D, Documentation
- History of Speleology
- Glacier, firn and ice caves
- Artificial cavities
- Volcanic caves
- Education commission, materials and techniques
- Cave Rescue
- Cave diving
- Socio-economic aspects (School projects about caves and caving)
- Medecine, health
- 2021 IYCK – International Year of Caves and Karst
Paper submission is underway. More details including information for authoitrs you can find here.
- Entertainment program during 18th International Congress of Speleology
- List of excursions during 18th International Congress of Speleology in France
Photo gallery related to the Congress:
- Congress vnue map Congress vnue map
- Medecine, health Medecine, health
- Pseudokarst Pseudokarst
- Glacier, firn and ice caves Glacier, firn and ice caves
- Caving and explorations Caving and explorations
- Climatology Climatology
- Topography, Mapping, 3D, Documentation Topography, Mapping, 3D, Documentation
- Cave deposits Cave deposits
- Biology, Subterranean life Biology, Subterranean life
- Speleogenesis, geomorphology Speleogenesis, geomorphology
- Access Access
- Socio-economic aspects Socio-economic aspects
- Cave diving Cave diving
- History of Speleology History of Speleology
- Cave Rescue Cave Rescue
- Artificial cavities Artificial cavities
- Archeology and Paleontology in caves Archeology and Paleontology in caves
- Karst hydrogeology, physical Chemistry Karst hydrogeology, physical Chemistry
- Education commission, materials and techniques Education commission, materials and techniques
- Volcanic caves Volcanic caves
- 16 Avenue du Lac du Bourget
- Le Bourget-du-Lac
- Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes 73370